Here at Chocolat, we believe it doesn't need to be Shrove Tuesday to enjoy pancakes and we love sharing our chocolate related recipes, so here is a super indulgent one for a relaxed brunch or indulgent dessert.
Ultimate Chocolate Pancake Recipe
● 225g self raising flour
● 50g cocoa powder
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 1 tbsp caster sugar
● 2 large eggs
● 400ml milk
● 100g dark chocolate chips
● 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
2. Gradually whisk in the milk until the batter is smooth then add the chocolate chips.
3. Heat a splash of oil in a non-stick frying pan until it sizzles. Cook the pancakes using 2-3 tbsp of batter per pancake, wait for bubbles to form on the surface before flipping. Keep the pancakes warm in a low oven while you cook the entire batch.
4. Serve with any toppings you desire, from nutella, whipped cream, maple syrup, fruit, jam, peanut butter…. the list is endless!
Vegan? Don’t despair!
To veganize this recipe, swap the milk for oat mylk and add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar instead of the eggs. Top with vegan toppings and enjoy!