The Top 5 Benefits of Tea - And We Do Chocolate Tea!
Did you know that the humble tea leaf has some of the most beneficial properties you can drink? Here are the top 5 benefits:
- Immune boosting. Herbal teas containing tumeric, ginger, licorice root, peppermint and chamomile contain beneficial properties that can help to strengthen your immune system by fighting off inflammation and warding off illnesses.
- Rich in antioxidants. Tea is a rich source of a specific kind of antioxidant called flavonoids which can protect cells from the damage caused by blood clots, thickening of the arteries and cancer. Green tea is particularly rich in the powerful antioxidant EGCG which reduces inflammation, aids weight loss and can prevent certain chronic diseases.
- Protects against cancer. Some clinical studies suggest that polyphenols in tea, especially in green tea, could play an important role in the prevention of cancer. Researchers believe that these polyphenols can help to kill off cancerous cells to stop them from growing.
- Keeps you hydrated. Tea is more likely to hydrate you than dehydrate you when it is drunk in smaller quantities. Drinking four to six mugs of tea is as good for keeping you hydrated as a litre of water.
- Less caffeine than coffee. A standard cup of black tea contains anywhere between 14- 70 milligrams of caffeine compared to coffee which ranges from 65 - 150 milligrams per shot. This makes tea a great and healthy afternoon drink when you’re looking for a small energy boost.
Are you a tea enthusiast? At Chocolat, we have an extensive, luxury loose leaf tea collection which can be explored here. All the varieties we have available are delivered in freshly sealed bags. It’s time to pop the kettle on!